Bindu Reddy of MyLikes on TWiST #132
Are you willing to throw the weight of your Twitter feed behind a brand? MyLikes CEO Bindu Reddy sure is. She’s betting that you’ll happily endorse your favorite things via social networks in exchange for cold, hard cash. On this week’s show, Reddy discusses the ethics behind sponsored placements, the democratization of advertising and how we can all cash in on our Internet fame.
1:00-3:00 Bindu Reddy of MyLikes is on the show.
3:00-5:00 Sponsor ad for Trada
5:00-7:00 About Bindu and Google
7:00-8:00 Other sites like MyLikes and Ad.ly
8:00-10:00 Why people should use MyLikes.
10:00-12:00 What MyLikes does differently from traditional pay-per-post. (Watch the clip.)
12:00-13:00 Jason’s MyLikes page
13:00-17:00 How does MyLikes deal with spam?
17:00-17:30 Different types of promotions going on a MyLikes
17:30-19:00 Making MyLikes transparent with full disclosure. (Watch the clip.)
19:00-20:00 Pay for post and why it’s horrible
20:00-21:00 How do celebrities use the service?
21:00-23:00 Kim Kardashian will do anything for money.
23:00-25:00 Bindu is the ultimate consumer
25:00-26:00 It’s MyLikes, not MyHates or MyOpinion
26:00-27:00 Jason talks about eye shadow
27:00-28:00 How do you make advertising a good word?
29:00-30:00 Am I going to lose followers using MyLikes?
30:00-31:00 Followers actually increase?
31:00-32:00 Whats the average tweet to sponsored tweet ratio?
32:00-33:00 Don’t tweet if you don’t like something!
33:00-34:00 Justin Bieber quiz/ Charlie Sheen quiz
34:00-35:00 Will there come a time when every brand is on MyLikes? (Watch the clip.)
35:00-36:00 Tweeting and “free will” and when will Twitter buy MyLikes?
36:00-38:30 Charlie Sheen got a Twitter account just to make money
38:30-40:00 Why isn’t Facebook doing this? (Watch the clip.)
40:00-42:00 Facebook vs. Google
43:00-44:00 Are people at Google too smart for they’re own good?
44:00-45:00 Google is the greatest platform ever for advertising?
45:00-46:00 Tyler’s insight: Feels like an elephant in an earthquake
46:00-47:00 End of show
Multilingual? Translate this episode of TWiST into another language and email the transcript to email@example.com
Background Information on Bindu Reddy and MyLikes
- Prior to Mylikes Bindu was a Google Apps Product Lead
- Products included Blogger, Google Docs, Video and Shopping.
- Bindu created Google Base and spearheaded the introduction of Quality Score
- Previously was Director of Product Management at Elance
- Recieved master’s degree from Dartmouth
- MyLikes matches advertisers with influencers who publish sponsored messages on Twitter
- Raised a $630K seed round from 11 ex-Googlers
- Followed by a $5.55M Series A round led by Khosla Ventures
- Paul Buchheit creator of Gmail and Friendfeed is on the Board Of Directors
- Users include: Snoop Dogg, Snooki, Kourtney Kardashian, Audrina Patridge
- Launched publicly on January 6th, 2010
- Co-founder Arvind Sundararajan was previously in-charge of Google AdSense engineering
- Launched in private beta as Likaholix.com
FOLLOW ON TWITTER